Quatse Salmon Stewardship Centre & Storey’s Beach
Ḱutala, A’wi’nagwitl, K’waxala & Kwikw
Departure and returns conveniently from the Kwa’lilas Hotel. Transportation to the Kwa’lilas Hotel within Port Hardy can be scheduled with advanced notification.
Jump into the Quatse Salmon Stewardship Centre and explore the beautiful Storey’s Beach. The Quatse Salmon Stewardship Centre is a beautiful facility that is home to the interpretive centre and is also a fully operational enhancement salmonid hatchery. Discover the importance of fish in our ecosystems and environmental impacts that affect rivers and oceans. The interactive interpretive centre is a hit with families and the tour of their enhancement hatchery showcases the dedication and hard work that goes into protecting salmonid species. From the Quatse Centre, our 22 passenger, climate controlled motor coach will transport you to the beautiful Storey’s Beach. This large sandy beach approximately 20 minutes from Port Hardy. At low tide the gorgeous silver sands are limitless and during high-tide it’s still a fantastic place to view eagles and other shorebirds.What's Included, Things to Consider & More...
- Interpretive information
- Transportation to and from the Quatse Salmon Centre and Storey’s Beach. Please note that some days we will be going to Storey’s Beach first if the tides work in our favor.
- Admission fee for the Quatse Salmon Centre
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
What to Bring
- Hat & Sunglasses (If sunny).
- Rain jacket (If rainy).
- Water bottle (with water – all of the tap water in Port Hardy is safe to drink).